Rest in Peace, Tom Clancy. Apr. 12. 1947-Oct. 1, 2013
David E. Powell
2013-10-02 17:00:00 UTC
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/03/books/tom-clancy-best-selling-novelist-of-military-thrillers-dies-at-66.html?_r=1&

<http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/03/books/tom-clancy-best-selling-novelist-of-military-thrillers-dies-at-66.html?_r=1&>

The post I hoped I'd never post.

Rest in Peace and God Bless to you and yours, Sir.
c***@googlemail.com
2013-10-02 17:14:13 UTC
I will raise a glass of Bushmills to your memory. gorffwys mewn heddwch Tom.
c***@googlemail.com
2013-10-02 17:43:45 UTC
In my fevered little brain I just had the image of St Peter ushering Tom through the pearly gates with a grin and a whispered “welcome to the jungle”
Kurt Ullman
2013-10-02 19:03:01 UTC
Post by c***@googlemail.com
In my fevered little brain I just had the image of St Peter ushering Tom
through the pearly gates with a grin and a whispered ³welcome to the jungle²
Probably...
the bastards."-- Claire Wolfe
Michael Black
2013-10-02 21:46:54 UTC
Post by David E. Powell
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/03/books/tom-clancy-best-selling-novelist-of-military-thrillers-dies-at-66.html?_r=1&
<http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/03/books/tom-clancy-best-selling-novelist-of-military-thrillers-dies-at-66.html?_r=1&>
The post I hoped I'd never post.
Rest in Peace and God Bless to you and yours, Sir.
He was so young.

I haven't looked in here in years, but there was a period when I did. I
think he was still a participant then.

I remember the dry period when suddenly there weren't any Jack Ryan books
coming, even though they'd come regularly before that. Maybe he spent too
much time with the "Tom Clancy presents" books, but it seemed like
something was in the way, writer's block, or one wonders about health.

Then suddenly there were books again, though it seemed the first one I
didn't notice until it had been out for some time. And then another.

And then he dies. Since the notice I saw gave no reason for his death, I
wonder if there was some long standing issue, that got in the way of his
writing for a while.

There was a time when "66" would seem old, but it gets less and less old
with each year. In a few weeks time, he'll have been only 12 years older
than me.

Michael
Jim Rusling
2013-10-04 00:29:25 UTC
Post by Michael Black
Post by David E. Powell
[...]
I am going to miss his books. I am in the process of re-reading all
of his books.

He was 3 years younger than me.
--
Jim Rusling
More or Less Retired
My local Weather http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KOKMUSTA4
d***@gmail.com
2013-10-04 14:05:03 UTC
Tom had a severe heart surgery a few years back, around 2008 or 2009 I think.
He posted a wonderful and so funny description of his visit to the hospital somewhere in an Internet forum.

If someone knows where, I'd be more than happy to get a copy of this text!

Thanks, Tom, for your talent.
You will be MISSED.

Didier
France