Olbermann hired by Fox News Channel
David E. Powell
2012-04-01 17:24:38 UTC
BREAKING NEWS

Reuters, Wire
New York, NY
10:45 A.M. EST

"It's time to drop that zero and get with the hero."

With those words, former Current TV and MSNBC show host Keith
Olbermann confirmed by telephone with this interviewer that he has
confirmed a 5 year, $15 million deal with Fox News Channel in New York
to host a one hour weekend talk show in the 10:30 PM time slot on
Saturday Nights.

"It was time" said the former Current TV raconteur, saying that he
knew the time to make the switch had come was not jus when he saw the
low ratings of his current network, but when network founder Al Gore
said he would be getting paid directly in Carbon Credits and
ecologically-friendly Beefalo meat. "I live in the city" said
Olbermann "There was no way I had a freezer big enough to make it work
anyway."

"Al Gore is the real worst person in the world today" continued the
fiery talker host, "Even worse than that time in 2000 when he turned
around his motorcade on the way to his motorcade because couldn't man
up like Richard Nixon did back in 1960 and do what was best for
America." Details of how the deal was reached between Olbermann and
Fox were sketchy but details emerging now include deals to have
Olbermann also comment on World Series and other Fox sports events
over the next five years and a custom V-8 Dodge Hemi Challenger
presented to him personally by Fox Honcho Rupert Murdoch. "I was
driving a Nissan Leaf before," Olbermann said "What was I thinking?"

Olbermann is scheduled to mke his debut on Fox on Monday, April 9 with
an 8 PM Primetime round table discussion with Mike Huckabee, Juan
Williams, John Stossel and all the Republican Presidential Candidates
about how supply side economics are key to America's future, before
settling into his regular show schedule on April 21. Other plans for
special broadcasts are already in the works.

"I'm looking forward to seeing Vice-President Dick Cheney, hopefully
by late summer or early fall. I hear he's coming along well" said
Olbermann, clearly enthused to get the chance to meet the former Vice-
President who he once criticised in his MSNBC days. "I always felt
that sport fishing got shorted a bit on coverage during my time in
ESPN, and we're looking to do a fishing show, hopefully once he is
doing better. It will be us and Bill Dance out on the Snake River with
fly fishing. I can't wait."
Kurt Ullman
2012-04-02 22:32:45 UTC
In article
Post by David E. Powell
"I'm looking forward to seeing Vice-President Dick Cheney, hopefully
by late summer or early fall. I hear he's coming along well" said
Olbermann, clearly enthused to get the chance to meet the former Vice-
President who he once criticised in his MSNBC days. "I always felt
that sport fishing got shorted a bit on coverage during my time in
ESPN, and we're looking to do a fishing show, hopefully once he is
doing better. It will be us and Bill Dance out on the Snake River with
fly fishing. I can't wait."
Keith Olbermann's theme song

David E. Powell
2012-04-03 02:36:00 UTC
Post by Kurt Ullman
In article
Post by David E. Powell
"I'm looking forward to seeing Vice-President Dick Cheney, hopefully
by late summer or early fall. I hear he's coming along well" said
Olbermann, clearly enthused to get the chance to meet the former Vice-
President who he once criticised in his MSNBC days. "I always felt
that sport fishing got shorted a bit on coverage during my time in
ESPN, and we're looking to do a fishing show, hopefully once he is
doing better. It will be us and Bill Dance out on the Snake River with
fly fishing. I can't wait."
Keith Olbermann's theme http://youtu.be/zCjWQHpu3bY
Pretty much. Wow.

I really don't know how the split happened, it actually seemed a
perfect fit.
Kurt Ullman
2012-04-03 11:49:48 UTC
In article
Post by David E. Powell
Post by Kurt Ullman
In article
Post by David E. Powell
"I'm looking forward to seeing Vice-President Dick Cheney, hopefully
by late summer or early fall. I hear he's coming along well" said
Olbermann, clearly enthused to get the chance to meet the former Vice-
President who he once criticised in his MSNBC days. "I always felt
that sport fishing got shorted a bit on coverage during my time in
ESPN, and we're looking to do a fishing show, hopefully once he is
doing better. It will be us and Bill Dance out on the Snake River with
fly fishing. I can't wait."
Keith Olbermann's theme http://youtu.be/zCjWQHpu3bY
Pretty much. Wow.
I really don't know how the split happened, it actually seemed a
perfect fit.
My more cynical outlook is dueling narcisists (grin)